Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hero for a day?

Well, today was first day of extended hours in the park. Started out working w/ "newbie" ranger that answered questions etc and then one group came over and talked w/ me after. They told me where they were planning on hiking so I made it a point to stress "bear safety" (making lots of noise etc as there's plenty of blind corners on this particular trail and numerous griz sightings - most recently a charge a few weeks ago) I also told them that for that particular trail it'd be stupid to not have bear spray with them. So they decided $45 was a pretty cheap insurance policy and I gave them Bear Spray 101. Couple hours later they come in the visitor center all hyped up saying "thank you thank you thank you thank you.............would you mind taking a picture with us please....you told us to get that bear spray this morning and we just had a run-in on the trail and had to use it, so we want a picture to take home of our lifesaver" So I grabbed my can in the back room so they had a nice one to pose with for photo op. AWWWWWWW! I'm somebody's hero.

1 comment:

Mommy McD said...

Way to go Idaho! Ok, you're in Montana... but the quote is from one of the best disney/pixar movies ever!