Tuesday, July 7, 2009

More tourist fun

Working depot last night, got into quite a chat with one visitor. He asked if it was to be called "Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park" all as one park now. So I explained that it's two different national parks, but they share a border so has now become a peace park etc., but it's still just GNP. To which he replies "or they just know that all the glaciers are melting so it's a way to change the name now and cover it up". Some just really crack me up. So I then broke down and gave him the "the park is named for the glacial FEATURES, not the glaciers themselves" scoop. Had a few others in the room that kinda chuckled a bit. I realize it's not an entirely stupid question, but just the conspiracy theory mentality was cracking me up.

No comments: